October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month: A great reminder to “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.”
“At First Education Federal Credit Union, we take cybersecurity very seriously,” said First Education President Jim Yates. “We believe protecting our members’ personal information is just as important, if not more important, than protecting their money.”
What is Cybersecurity Awareness Month?
Held every October, Cybersecurity Awareness Month raises awareness about the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks.
This united effort (of which First Education is proud to be a 2021 Champion) helps maintain a safe, resilient cyberspace for everyone to use.
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is a great time to:
- Update your online account passwords to long, unique phrases
- Enable multi-factor authentication wherever possible
- Perform any overdue software updates on your computer or phone
- Make backup copies of your data, both on and offsite
- Hold a family “tech talk” and discuss how each family member can protect their devices and personal information
We’ll also be sharing weekly cybersecurity tips on Facebook!
Be sure to check in every week through October to see what’s new.