At First Education Federal Credit Union, “education” is more than part of our name; it’s the entire “why” behind what we do.
Knowing the future starts today, we use our financial knowledge to educate and encourage our members to make smart, well-informed choices about their finances—and about their financial future, too!
From our welcoming location in north Cheyenne, we provide all the conveniences of a large financial institution—from checking accounts and loans, to mortgages and mobile banking—with a warmth and familiarity that feels like your favorite small town.
Over the years, our team has welcomed thousands of new members; celebrated dozens of employees for their decades of service; and proudly lived out our values of financial education and financial responsibility.
Become a member of First Education today, and let us show you what credit union ownership really means!
More than a member, you’re also part owner!
That’s right: Once you join, you become a part owner of the credit union!
First Education is a not-for-profit financial cooperative, so we treat our members like the owners they are. Unlike traditional banks, where profits go to private shareholders, at First Education we return profits to our members in the form of improved services, lower rates on loans, higher yields on deposits, and knowledgeable, friendly member service that’s second to none.
In all we do, we strive to save you money and improve your financial life.
F.A.Q. about joining FEFCU
Who can become a member?
Everyone who lives, works, goes to school or worships in Laramie County, WY, or who has family members who live, work, go to school or worship in Laramie County, WY, can become a member. Share credit union membership with your family; they can join, too!
What are the benefits of being a member at FEFCU?
- Flexible Terms and Low Rates on Loans: Whether you need to finance a new car, make repairs on your house, pay for college, or take that dream vacation, we’ll help you find the loan that fits your needs. We’re flexible and easy to work with, and our low rates will save you money.
- Competitive Rates on Savings: Here at First Education, we have a deposit account for nearly every need or goal: Basic savings, share certificates, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), Christmas Club and Education Club, and Money Market and SuperSaver accounts. You can also rename any of your accounts so they’re easy to see at a glance, such as “Down Payment” or “Hawaii Fund.” All of our deposit accounts are insured by NCUA, a division of the federal government.
- 24/7 Account Access: Review your transactions, transfer money and pay bills any time, anywhere, with AirTeller.
- Bank Your Way: Unlimited bill pay, free checking, free debit card and free remote access are all easy, convenient ways to bank… and they’re all free, too!
- Quick Response Time: Because our members are the credit union—and our Board of Directors, management, and staff don’t have to worry about making a profit for third-party investors—our team is free to respond to your financial needs quickly and creatively.