EWC isn’t working for our end users, how do I Deactivate EWC?
Disable the account by clicking on the “Remove From One Step Update” button. To Reactivate with Web Connect downloads: Signin to NetTeller to initiate a download of his Web Connect file into Quicken. When ask choose the “Use an existing Quicken account” radio button.
Now your account will be connected via Web Connect. Quicken may prompt you to activate One Step Update after a successful Web Connect download.
Quicken® Personal Finance Software 20072010 for Windows®
Account Conversion Instructions for Web Connect
A. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT DATA
1. Choose File – Menu – Backup.
2. Specify which file to back up and where you want the backup saved in the Quicken Backup dialog and then click OK.
B. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST QUICKEN UPDATE
1. Choose Online Menu – One Step Update.
2. In the One Step Update Settings dialog, uncheck any boxes that are checked, and then click Update Now.
3. If a software update is available, then you will be prompted to apply it now.
4. Once the update is complete, restart Quicken.
C. GET YOUR LATEST TRANSACTIONS
1. Log in to your financial institution’s Web site, if available. Download your transactions into Quicken.
Note: You may not be able to download these transactions after the conversion. Repeat this step for each account (such as checking, savings, credit cards, and brokerage) that you use for online banking or investing.
2. Once the transactions are downloaded, accept all the transactions into your Quicken account register.
Important: You will not be able to proceed to the next section until you accept all transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab.
1. For help accepting transactions, choose Help menu à Quicken Help. In the Type in the word(s) to search for: prompt, enter Accept downloaded transactions.
2. For assistance reconciling your account register, choose Help menu à Quicken Help. In the Type in the word(s) to search for: prompt, enter Reconciling an account.
D. DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNTS FROM WEB CONNECT
1. Right-click your first applicable account from the list.
2. Select Edit account from the popup menu. Update Account Number and Routing Number as needed.
3. In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab.
4. Click Remove Connection or Remove from One Step Update in the One Step Update area. Confirm the remaining prompts.
5. Click the General Information tab. If applicable, edit the Account Name field to reflect new financial institution.
6. Click OK to close the Account Details dialog. Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each account from which you download transactions.
E. REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNTS FOR WEB CONNECT
IMPORTANT: Complete section E after the conversion.
1. Open a Web browser and log in to your financial institution’s Web site. Download your transactions into Quicken.
Important: To avoid the possibility of creating duplicate records when downloading into Quicken, select a “from” date that does not include records previously downloaded.
2. Click the Use an existing Quicken account radio button. In the corresponding drop-down list, select the Quicken account.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each account that you will use for online banking or investing.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THESE IMPORTANT CHANGES!